MBBS, BA, MRCP, FRACP
CONSULTANT GERIATRICIAN & GENERAL MEDICINE PHYSICIAN
03 9975 7447
Dr. Saad B Ahmed is a Senior Geriatrician and General Medicine Physician.
Saad graduated from the University of Peshawar in 2003 and then moved to the United Kingdom to undertake further training in medicine and received membership from The Royal College of Physicians, London (MRCP). After moving to Australia in 2008, Saad completed his advanced training at St. Vincent, Monash and Ballarat Health focusing on Geriatric Medicine, General Medicine and Perioperative Medicine. Saad also undertook further training in palliative care medicine and pain management at Peter McCallum Centre.
Saad advocates for the provision of a holistic approach to evaluation and management of elderly patients. His focus is on devising individualised plans for geriatric patients to improve their quality of life.
Saad also has vast experience in bariatric medicine, providing assessment and care as a perioperative physician. In collaboration with LapSurgery Australia, Saad’s goal is to optimise the outcome of surgery for his patients through active perioperative care.
His special interests are in:
- Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment
- Dementia, Delirium and BPSD management
- Continence, falls and balance management
- Acute and chronic pain management
- Perioperative risk assessment as well as investigation and management of any undiagnosed conditions
- Diagnosis and management of acute and complex illnesses
Saad offers a short waiting list to facilitate quick assessments. His service for seniors and pensioners is bulk billed upon request.
Saad is fluent in English, Urdu, Hindi, Punjabi and Pushto.
- South Eastern Specialist Centre – 327 Gladstone Road, Dandenong North VIC 3175
- St John of God Consulting Suites Berwick – 75 Kangan Dr, Berwick VIC 3806
- Mulgrave Private Hospital – Blanton Drive Mulgrave VIC 3170
- St John of God Berwick Hospital – 75 Kangan Drive Berwick VIC 3806
- The Melbourne Eastern Private Hospital – 157 Scoresby Road Boronia VIC 3155