MRCP (London, UK)
SCE in Acute Medicine (UK)
ECFMG Certified (USA)
GENERAL PHYSICIAN & ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF CABRINI CUNNINGHAM PERIOPERATIVE UNIT
03 9975 7447
Muhammad Sheikh is a general and perioperative physician with special interests in acute and chronic general medicine along with pre and post-operative medicine care.
His main aim is to support GPs and emergency department physicians by providing patients with quality ongoing management for all general medical issues. This includes new diagnoses of hypertension, diabetes, heart failure and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), and undifferentiated medical challenges of shortness of breath, chest pain, joint pains, anaemia and blood disorders, abnormal LFTs and renal functions, anaemia, hypelipidemia, headache, dizziness and syncope. Muhammad Sheikh can also assist patients who have multiple comorbidities to provide the best holistic and comprehensive medical care under one physician.
He holds post graduate qualifications from Europe, North America and Australia, and bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to provide the best general medical and perioperative care to his patients.
Following his MBBS graduation from Pakistan in 1998, Muhammad Sheikh moved to Europe where he obtained postgraduate qualifications from the Royal College of Physicians of London and the Royal College of Physicians of Ireland. He then came to Australia where he obtained Fellowship in general and acute medicine and perioperative medicine. He also undertook two years of advanced training in critical care and complex care medicine.
His special interests are in:
- Holistic care to patients with complex comorbidities
- Pre and post-operative medicine care
- Perioperative risk assessment as well as investigation and management of any undiagnosed conditions
- Diagnosis and management of acute and complex illnesses
Muhammad Sheikh holds a public appointment at Monash and practice privately at Cabrini. He is an associate director at Cabrini, one of the prestigious private hospitals in Melbourne.
Muhammad Sheikh is fluent in English, Urdu, and Hindi.
- South Eastern Specialist Centre – 327 Gladstone Road, Dandenong North VIC 3175
- Wattletree Medical Specialists – 198 Wattletree Road, Malvern VIC 3144
- Cabrini Specialist Centre – Hawthorn East Level 2, 141 Camberwell Road, Hawthorn East VIC 3123