SPECIALIST PHYSICIAN | GERIATRICIAN
03 9975 7447
Dr Swaminathan is a specialist physician who completed his MD in 1996. He worked at Jaffna Teaching Hospital and at National Hospital of Sri Lanka, extensively in General Medicine and Cardiology. After moving to Australia in 2007, Dr Swaminathan worked in general medicine, intensive care, cardiology, perioperative medicine and in geriatric medicine at Monash Health and Barwon Health, and completed Advanced Physician Training. He also undertook a 12-month training in pain medicine at St Vincent Hospital Melbourne.
Dr Swaminathan currently works as ortho-geriatrician and peri-operative physician in Latrobe Regional Hospital and in Mulgrave Private Hospital where he is involved in Acute Pain Service. He is an adjunct senior lecturer in clinical medicine at Monash University.
His special interests are:
- Integrated care of multimorbidity
- Acute and chronic pain management
- Geriatric Cardiology
- Perioperative risk assessment and delirium management
- Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment
- Dementia and BPSD management
Dr Swaminathan is fluent in English, Tamil and Sinhala.
- South Eastern Specialist Centre – 327 Gladstone Road, Dandenong North VIC 3175
- Mulgrave Private Hospital – Blanton Drive Mulgrave VIC 3170
- Latrobe Regional Hospital (LRH) – 10 Village Ave, Traralgon VIC 3844